Saturday, October 19, 2013

Salem, Oregon: Weekend and Future

Last Friday I  landed in Portland, stepping off the propeller plane, right as the sun was slipping over the West horizon.  My husband, Jason, was there waiting for me, looking a little tired, albeit happy to see me, and he took my bags and drove me south to Salem, Oregon, where he has been working for the past month.

Did I tell you?  We're officially moving to Salem.  I was flying out so we could finalize it, look for housing, and I could explore.


Reasons I am happy to move to Salem:

  • U-pick fruit farms in the summer
  • My grandfather and other extended family live less than an hour away
  • Discovering Willamette Valley wineries and breweries
  • Green, green, green!
  • Getting to live in the same town as Jason
  • Weekend trips to Portland and the Pacific Ocean
  • I get a second chance at getting a semi-acceptable Driver's License picture
  • People recycle here!
  • No sales tax

Reasons I am sad to leave Boise:

  • The Boise Foothills and Greenbelt
  • My family and friends here
  • Leaving my job and my wonderful co-workers
  • Weekend hotspring trips
  • my happy little apartment

Wish List: Essentials for moving to Western Oregon:



1 comment:

  1. "Tis bitter & sweet...you will be too far away for my liking! But I am loving your "Wish List".

    ReplyDelete