Thursday, December 31, 2015

Self-Care Series: Introduction

I’ve been struggling with creating a concrete blog post for several months now.  My last few posts have been pictures with a few phrases thrown in here or there, nothing of substantial content or meaty prose.  The truth is, I’ve been a little overwhelmed and have not been able to put as much into it as I would like.  I recently accepted a new position as the HR Manager of the small Engineering firm for which I have been working as an Administrative Assistant for almost two years.  It’s a thrilling new development in my life and I am excited, but like anything great it will take time adjusting.   Much of my spare time has been consumed with dealing with the emotional aspect of new responsibilities and my brain simply has less power in my off time because so much of its energy has gone into the new exciting things I am learning at work. While some people may feel their creativity expound in a stressful time, I feel that my creativity in my personal time has been weakened as my energy goes into new work challenges…  I especially realized this when seeing how sparse my blog posts had become in the time I’ve been training for this new position.   While I am consumed with interesting thoughts about my job and could probably write endlessly about it, I don’t really want to at this point (I mean, I think about it enough already in my off-time). 


As I become more comfortable with my job, I know that this creative dry-spell will pass.  Until I am at that point, I have been trying to focus on balance at home, particularly with self-care so that I do have the energy I need at work.  Self-care practices have been very important to me in the last few months, as they become my way to recharge, de-stress, and realign my priorities. As such, I’d like to share some of my favorite self-care practices for my next several blog posts.  Stay tuned for the Self-Care Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment